Wednesday 8 September 2010

Distractions!!

After work today I sat down to do some trading and decided to up my game abit after getting used to the markets yesterday.
I started off well making good, small profits with £7 stakes until my mum walked in and started talking to me when I had £14 in the market. I suddenly lost concentration for a few seconds and ofcourse the money went against me without seeing it! I was down £1.23 on that race. She had been told that I am needed at work tomorrow and possibly Friday to cover someone who has gone off sick. Typical!

I then got back to trading as I felt in the mood despite my set back and made the two best trades so far using £7 stakes of over 80p!

To me at this stage that is a good result, considering I want to be able to trade up to £25 consistently this month if I can make £2 a race at the start of October then I would be very pleased with my performance.
The last race I entered today was almost identical to what happened before. My young brother came in, just as I upped the stakes to £10, when I was trading a race with 20mins to the off and I could not close out the position quickly enough and talk to him at the same time!

I have been waiting so long to finally have a month off to trade and when it does, unexpected things happen, back to work, doing the school run, working extra hours at work.

On the positive the few races I traded today without interuptions actually showed good returns.

I am just hoping that I will have Saturday off and be able to trade a full 5 days next week.

Hope you were more successful than me today!


No comments:

Post a Comment