Saturday 18 September 2010

Shooting myself in the foot

Today I traded 17 markets and watched a rugby match in the middle of it.

The day started off well using the small stakes and saw a good return on my stakes of £2 mainly.

I caught quite a few swings and decided this time instead of going for a 1-2 tick scalp, to try cutting a trade that looked like it would not work and try to let the profits run until the price was leveling out.

It worked well and I stuck with using £2 stakes but had a few positions scattered about the ladder on several occasions.

The first couple of hours went well and my profit on the day was over £2.70 - which was a good result for me considering my previous efforts!

I took a break and went out to watch a bit of rugby, and came back frozen from the English weather; cold, wet and windy!

When I came back I lost concentration, probably the brain freeze! and although I was profiting from each market, it was very small and I was not as relaxed as before.


I watched a few in-play races (not watching the telly) and decided that I would try and make back a 21p loss by using the Bet Angel 'Fill or Kill' automation and so I placed a £2 on 2nd favorite, looking for a quick 2 tick profit, when I was happy the price was steaming in consistently.


As soon as it got filled, the steam was up and turned in to a one way train shooting off the top of the computer screen! I decided to leave it as I thought it may come back but obviously never did!


So what was looking like a good profit on the day, ended abruptly with a fraction of the profit left.


Lesson 3/300 learned!

"I think from now on I will leave the in-play traders to do their stuff and stick to what I know!"


Talk about shooting myself in the foot!

No comments:

Post a Comment